Brand Name: PLASIL
• Decreased nausea and vomiting.
• Decreased symptoms of gastric stasis.
• Blocks dopamine receptors in chemoreceptor trigger zone of the CNS.
• Stimulates motility of the upper GI tract and accelerates gastric emptying.
• Management of esophageal reflux
• Treatment and prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting
• Assess patient for nausea, vomiting, abdominal distention, and bowel sounds before and after administration.
• May cause drowsiness.
• Advise patient to avoid concurrent use of alcohol and other CNS depressant while taking this medication.
• Advise patient to notify health care professional immediately if involuntary movement of eyes, face or limbs occurs.